Wednesday, June 09, 2010

french bistro kitchen

Lately I've been craving eclectic, vintage inspired spaces and have been trying to think of ways to update a few areas in my home starting with the kitchen. I have this very old wood dining room table with chairs that are about to fall apart. It's been in the family for years, but it's time for a change. I spotted some fabulous bistro tables at Country Furniture a couple weeks ago. This is the one I'm thinking about getting.

It's about half the size of my current table, but I think it's going to be a much better size for the scale of my apartment. Of course there is the ever pressing issue of a chair. I like the idea of something black and sleek. 



Wood chairs are also nice. I love the bold, chunky tiles in this kitchen, too.  

 {photo}

Does it get any better than this one?! Beautiful, soft colours. Especially those pale pink walls with gorgeous pattern. The long white table complete with glass jars of every size. Low hanging light fixtures. And, I love the white floors! Just fabulous.

 {photo}

For me, the charm of lovely french kitchens lies in the little details. Jars. Little knick knacks. Vintage cookbooks and literature. Touches of metallic and other bits of glamor. Mirrors. Things i look forward to in my redecorating adventures.

No comments: