Friday, May 21, 2010

peas in a pod


Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art . . . It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival.
C.S. Lewis


Last night K and I went to the trattoria near our house for a dinner date filled with gossip, white wine, delicious food and endless laughter. K is my sister. We are not linked by blood, but by time. Almost four years of a friendship that has endured so much. She has past the boundaries of friendship to become my family. As we sat at our table, which over looked downtown Vancouver, I was reminded that romantic relationships are not the only instances where the phrase "meant to be" should be used. Yes, you may build a new life together but there are times before and during that process. Those are the times when you build a family out of friends.

1 comment:

koralee said...

Well put my friend...have a great weekend. xox