Thursday, May 13, 2010

a new kind of life

Writing seems to have taken a back seat over the last few days in light of exciting new developments in my life. I've started a new job this week and it's fabulous. I feel so lucky to have such a great opportunity and I cannot wait to get into the swing of things next week. Although my official graduation isn't for a couple of weeks, I really feel like a grown up (finally).
It's a weird transition, but I think I am handling it well so far. I guess what is tricky about it is that I have only ever known myself as a student. I was defined by my academic interests. Whenever someone would ask me how I was doing, my answer was entirely contingent on how school was going. All of my free time was consumed by projects, involvement and assignments. It's not that I didn't like it, it just took over my life. As opposed to these past few weeks. Once work is over, my time is my own. I've been able to make some fabulous meals with my love. Do more crosswords and read. More than anything, I feel lighter somehow. I know that I will probably go back to school in the next year or two, but for now I am enjoying this new kind of life. I will have many new things to write about.

No comments: