Tuesday, May 18, 2010

life outside of work

As I transition into a new place in my life, I must admit I'm struggling a bit. I think it is has to do with developing new routines and finding a balance between work and the rest of my life, whereas before it a balance between school and work and life. It's all much different that I had imagined. Not entirely in a bad way, however. Work is intense with lots of planning for the Autumn and projects taking shape, which is truly exciting. Unfortunately, I've been a bit fried when I get home. I'm not usually one to 'veg' out in the evenings. I used to come home, do homework, update my blog and read before sleeping. Lately that hasn't been happening and it's all unfamiliar territory, which makes me a bit anxious. In any event, I have a running list of projects that I'd like to finish, and now I'm trying to think of ways to get these things done in my free time. Here are a few things I've thought of.

- Easing into it. Cooking a great meal, slowing down and then go again.

- Set a goal for the week. Sometimes for me, having a personal goal written down somewhere is the only way I get things done.


- Truly leaving behind work at work. What a concept, right? I wish it were that easy for me.


- Having plans after work that you look forward to


How do you mentally recharge to accomplish things outside of your work life?

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I'm all about laughing. A funny movie always helps!

bananas. said...

once you learn that concept of leaving work at work and actually DO-ing it, your life will be so much better.

swear :)