Sunday, May 16, 2010

inspired work spaces

I'm working on fashioning my desk at work, and, I'm quirky enough to be really excited about this. Hard to believe, I know. But I believe that what you do and what your surround yourself has the ability to positively influence you. I'm an extremely visual person, so I like to have calendars, timelines and task lists on my walls.

I've seen the image of the colour organized bookshelf before, but I still adore it!
{photo}

Love the vintage look of this! The wire baskets. Photos slightly askew. The light blue desk.

{photo}

I'm a fan of whole wall shelving systems. I think that they can be functional and aesthetically pleasing because you can make them look artistic. The combination of organizing folders and objects is great.

{photo}

I love the carpet in the space! The pattern as a opposed to the minimal design of the desk. Lovely! I'm not so sure about the pictures resting on the desk. I feel like inevitably something would bum into them and they would fall forward.
{photo}

4 comments:

walrus studio said...

I love creative workspaces like these, they make working so much better ♥

koralee said...

Sounds like amazing fun....I agree..you spend so much time in your space you need it to inspire...I alway have inspiration boards around. xoxoxo

bananas. said...

i've been meaning to spruce up my work area too (aka my cube) and these images are all great inspiration. thanks for sharing!

Kristin said...

Loooove the rug in that last space!