Friday, April 30, 2010

pour le weekend









{photo}

It will be a bittersweet goodbye when I part from home (wilton, california). But on the other end of my travels are several others that I love. We are a different kind of family, but family nonetheless. In the past year, these few have taught me that family is more than being part of a gene pool or even sharing values. It's about sharing experiences. We help each other get through it all - usually with a smile and a cocktail. To me, the concept of family has evolved to mean so much more, and those who I call family share a home in my heart. Members are added with caution because they always leave a lasting mark.


Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.
Anais Nin


Here's to wishing you all the best for your weekend.

1 comment:

koralee said...

Love your words today! Your images are beautiful...your quote is one of my favourites...so I thank you for all this my friend. xoxo