Tuesday, April 20, 2010

flight notes

Just as quickly as the wheels left the ground, the scenery of the city disappeared and I was among the clouds.

Descending into Seattle, small glimpses of life were visible. But the most spectacular sight was the mountain range puncturing the clouds. As if in an effort to grasp any bit of sunlight. Suddenly green trees covered the ground in every direction and in a rich gradient of colours. A temporary place to rest my feet.

The journey continued. My flight to Sacramento was peaceful. The light sounds of death cab for cutie came through my head phones as I drifted in and out of sleep. One hour and thirty eight minutes later I arrived forty five minutes closer to home, though only five minutes from reunited with the people who make that home.

I waited in the sunshine on the curb. It was colder than I had expected it to be - slightly windy. I fished my sunglasses out of my handbag and leaned against my luggage while waiting to sight a familiar car with a familiar face contained within it.

No comments: