Saturday, March 13, 2010

Good things that filled my week

I finished a submission for my local newspaper
I spent time making my mom a card with water coloured butterflies and then mailed it off
I filled my taxes
Finished tailoring my skirt
Had a delicious dinner in
Enjoyed an afternoon shopping with a close friend
Got a good start on my next drawing project
Had many long conversations with my loved ones back home
Baked oatmeal raisin cookies, which brought close friends together
Booked a reservation for Le Jules Verne
I made time to reflect on all that is going on in an effort to make sense of it

This seemed like it was one of those weeks that would go on forever. Lots was going on at work, school work was (and is) infinite between now and April 15th and I had lots on my to do lists. Although there wasn't good news from home this week, I'm feeling better and hopeful once again. My mom is starting new treatments next week, which will help ward off the symptoms she has. Most of all, I'm especially thankful for my friends who have truly been my crutch. It never fails to amaze me that true friends, no matter where they are in the world, emerge to help. Someday I will be able to aptly express my gratitude for them.

No comments: