Monday, March 22, 2010

everything works itself out

There have been many days in between this post and my last one. Lots of pleasant and testing times. I received wonderful news last week that an article of mine is being published in a local Sacramento newspaper. This was exactly the kind of perseverance I had to keep in mind all week. Friday was also a great day. I went on a wonderful date at the Salt Tasting Room in downtown. My faith in life working itself out has surfaced once again. Unfortunately, school is getting the best of me these days and my hobby writing is getting put on hold. It will make a come back, I promise.

As my undergrad education comes to a close, the prospect of sorting out my year off looms as a most daunting task. I take comfort in connecting with those who share my sentiments. Especially my struggle to find a balance in pursuing creative endeavors while earning a living. There is always that second voice that says," Be pragmatic." But lately I've sought salvage in this quote:

The soul raised over passion beholds identity and eternal causation, perceives the self-existence of Truth and Right, and calms itself with knowing that all things go well.
Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self Reliance.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Congrats on your article. That's awesome!

robyn michelle-lee said...

it was nice connecting with you to share our end of undergrad woes! so glad you got to enjoy salt tasting room! - didn't you LOVE it? when i was in paris, the step-father of a lovely friend was speaking of his life experiences and said to me: "i believe in the generosity of life" - i hope you can believe in that too!