Thursday, February 04, 2010

Something cozy

Kania wrap tops are just that. Last Sunday a girl came into Bedo wearing a creamy white wrap top. It ties beautifully at the back. Had a gorgeous, wide collar. I had to know where she got such a beautiful piece. "Kania," she said.


I've done a bit a of investigative work. $149 buys you this comfy, versatile piece. Kind of expensive but I foresee myself getting a lot of use of it. Strolling around Paris, wearing my large rose colour Coach sunglasses, hopelessly engulfed in the scenery.

The designer is Canadian Stacey Bafi-Yeboa, who was inspired by the crime of wearing overly casual clothing in public (ie pjs). Her pieces are made from cotton, bamboo and lycra. Bafi-Yeboa sought to find the middle ground between sloppy/comfortable and chic/uncomfortable. Personally, I'm usually willing to make the sacrifice without complaints but this is a promising alternative.

You can read more about the designer and her line here or on her website.

3 comments:

Simone said...

Thank you so much for the message you left me today on my blog, that was so nice of you.

You made me smile with you mention of Clive Owen....this morning my friend who owns the local tearoom/shop that I blogged about recently sent me a text telling me that Clive Owen was there at that very moment having tea and cake!! It was all I could do not to throw on some make-up, get out of my sick bed and run over there ;)

Happy Friday!!

Michelle said...

Ooh I love it!

Iva said...

super cute top!!