Monday, February 01, 2010

Some goals for February

Make a dentist appointment

Go to the gym 5 days a week (Gold star for January on this one!)

Have friends over for dinner at least once - Red wine, Homemade Italian food served in handmade dishes. Long conversations lasting late into the night. Laughs and reflection. Friendship in its most organic state.

Bake cookies for Valentines Day - Mum's sugar cookie recipe. Eiffel tower cookie cutter. Red icing.

Finish
We Were the Mulvaneys by Joyce Carol Oates - A heartbreaking novel that I am enthralled by. Family and the ties we are willing to break to maintain an image. The pain that we bring to the ones we love the most.

Start
The Road by Cormac McCarthy.

Walk around downtown while the Olympics are in town. They're still two weeks away, but Vancouver is buzzing with excitement!

Finalize Europe trip itinerary - London, Paris, Scotland. A tour of author's homes - Jane Austen, Shakespeare, Keats, Stein. Lives that in times that I day dream about.

Work on an outline for thesis paper

2 comments:

Mademoiselle Frou-Frou said...

LOL! i just made my dentist appt...one thing off my list.
good luck with your goals.
xoxo alison

V. said...

Thanks! I think that will be the easiest thing on my list, so I feel like I have no excuse not to