Thursday, February 11, 2010

Pottery to Love

You might know that I am a potter. Earthy red clay sliding through my hands as something comes to life. Shapes, colours and precision are things l love about pottery. I am a lover of great pottery. These are some of my current favorites.
Frances Palmer has a special place in my heart. Her pottery is perfectly imperfect. It's understated. It appears playful, but is secretly complex. Ever since my mum got a vase for Christmas 6 years ago, I'm aspired to her skill and creativity.
{photo}

Love the rose buds along the lip of this one.

{photo}

I am also a long time devotee to Picasso's life and work. A little known fact is that he dabbled in ceramics. The texture and movement inspires me in little ways.
Very clearly reminiscent of Greek pottery.
{photo}

And finally, a local potter - Heather Dahl. I adore red poppies. They are bold, fresh and strong.

1 comment:

Brunch at Saks said...

Oh my goodness- these are all so gorgeous! Love the little rose buds! Have a great weekend love XOXO