Sunday, January 17, 2010

European Holiday Plans

As you might know, it is my final semester of uni. Hurray! Last Christmas my parents bought me a plane ticket to any where I wanted. I had grand plans to head out on an adventure last summer but it didn't happen because of school. Luckily the summer of hard work paid off because this term I don't have finals and I'm heading to Europe on April 19th! Being the literary nerd that I am, my travels are organized around visiting writer's homes. Shakespeare, Wordsworth, Keats, Chaucer, and Hemingway (again). I'm going to be touring England via train. In my mind there is something so nostalgic and romantic about train travel. And Paris! Need I say more. I've been dreaming of my long-awaited trip to Paris, and now it is finally here.

Mostly I am looking forward to this trip because it is the start of a new, exciting part of my life. A (temporary) time without school, which I think will be crucial as I try to negotiate the rest of my identity.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

How lucky are you?? Jealous!!