Saturday, December 19, 2009

These streets will make you feel brand new

Here I go! Free for 15 days . . . well I suppose that isn't a substantially long time. But it is long enough for me to get ready for the new year. Time to shed the residue of the last twelve months. To take with me fragments of the year that are worth carrying forward. But you know, I'm frankly beginning to question what is worth taking forward. Life moves so quickly and maybe we aren't meant to me hauling around the past with us forever. Maybe our identity should be relative rather than cumulative and contextual. More about where I am rather than where I've been. Does the past matter that much in the long run?

I feel like I am forever recalling events several years ago that at the time were the end of my world, but now seem to matter very little if at all. It never ceases to intrigue me that time always allows for perspective and healing. I think that maybe all I was looking for in the past, but now I don't want to be dwelling. Progressive is what I hope to be my banner for 2010. I think I've finally reached the tipping point where I've accepted what has not gone well in past years and am ready to move forward. Because let's face it, the past couple years have had their fair share of drama.

No comments: