Friday, December 11, 2009

Start of a my year-end review

It seems like every year is defined by a different theme, if you will, for me. Thinking about the past couple of year, I think it's odd how there seems to be one overriding thing that surfaces. Of course, I only realized this in the past couple of months. I think it might reflect my general inability to multi-task. Hence I seem to focus on one facet of life each year. So inefficient, but let's recap!
2006- new chapter begins
2007 - major changes
2008 - learning what I want out of a relationship
and in 2009 - friendships develop. To be honest, this has been a really fabulous year and I'd like to think it's because so many of my friendships have grown in unexpected ways. Rob and I once again close, which I never imagined happening. Karoline and I are living together. JM and I, well this one is always great. I would even venture to say that my friendship with Allen is different in a good way. I hope that it will recover. I think the best part about this year is that I've realized how not alone I am. I have so many wonderful people in my life, and perhaps I've taken them for granted in the past, but no more.

I don't know what 2010 will bring me. I kind of want to hope that it will be love, but I know I already have that in my life. In a way I hope it will bring me more peace of mind, and help me find a new trail to blaze. For now I will have to be patient. After all, things have a tendency to happen when you least expect it.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I would like to say woop woop for 2009 friendships too! I've developed some incredible ones all from blogging. Who would've thought?

Vanessa said...

It's always surprising how friendships form. I think it's great that we all share a love for writing.