Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Good things

Picnic Cafe on South Granville - The interior is surprisingly simple. It's table is actually one long picnic table with pretty flower arrangements. And they have sandwiches to die for!

The Bedo Boyfriend Blazer - All I can say is, why didn't I buy one sooner?

My Fireplace - especially now that it's decorated. Love the holidays!

There are 20 until I'm back in Wilton!

Eleanor Rigby by Douglas Coupland - It's one of his older book, but it's still very good. I'm in love with the narrative voice that he's developed.

Crossword puzzles - I suppose I could have worse hobbies.

Finally, realizing that I am not the only one with my specific boy problems. I've found that finding someone who isn't one of my friends and that hasn't been dragged into my rabbit hole offers the kind of perspective and advice that I've been searching for all along. You might wonder where I've found such a person. It's none other than my store's owner. Nothing has been more surprising to me than finding out how much we have in common. Anyhow, she was telling me about her last boyfriend who had to leave town for a job. Much like my situation, she said there was a period of intense discussion as to what should happen and they broke up prematurely. I told her that I was totally cranky about not only losing a romantic relationship, but a friendship. Her advice to me what that I needed to make peace with the situation by having a conversation before he goes. I know that she's right. The worst thing I could do for myself is to leave things in this slightly disheveled state only to look back with regret. Time is ticking away, but now I know what I need to do.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I can't believe I STILL haven't bought a boyfriend blazer. I've been eying a sequin pretty for a while!