Sunday, November 22, 2009

A dialogue

She sat on the end of the bed. He trailed into the room behind her. She felt unnerved and knew her mind would settle just as soon as he sat beside her on the bed. They walked entered in the same awkward manner only to declare a likedness for each other sometime before. They embraced, and embarked.
He coldly rolls over his desk chair to put a distance between them. Looking about the room, she knows this has to be fixed. She needs to release her mind from the chains that bind it.
"I'm sorry about what I said. I think it was a mistake."
"You shouldn't apologize. I think it was the right thing to do."
"Really?" Her emotions were quieted by this truth.

"I need to buy new shirts. You want to go to Urban Outfitters?"
"I'm kind of busy." End of discussion. The demarcation was set out and he was casually reverting into the past. She knew it was time to go.

"Take a bus home. Or a cab, you have the money to."
"No. I'll be fine."
As she walked down the front steps, it was raining but she didn't open her umbrella. Water began to soak her face. She could not tell whether it was the rain or tears.

No comments: