Monday, November 16, 2009

A bright spot in my morning

You may recall the tales of Law School Boy from last year. They are now humorous spots in my past. The sense of mystery still exists and always keeps me intrigued.

I was pretty doom and gloom this morning as I was getting ready for school and work. I've yet to truly process what yesterday's events mean and what will happen now. Needless to say I wasn't very talkative and I'm sure it put Karoline on edge. As we walked to bus stop things weren't getting any better. The forecast is calling for 8 inches of rain over the next 3 days! That's a ton of rain folks! We managed to cram ourselves into the front of an already packed bus. It was silent for the most part, though Karoline and I were making small talk. I gazed around the bus to see if there were any familiar faces aboard. Low and behold LSB's very adorable friend - Engineering Boy!

I instantly nudged Karoline and informed her about this sighting. So she and I are both being total creepers trying to catch a glimpse of this boy through all of the people on the bus, when all of the sudden he returns the gaze. He gave us the most flirtatious and lovely smile I've seen in days. In the back of my mind, I could hear my Nana giving me her spiel about how fateful this whole scenario is. It pretty much made my morning.

Keeping with the estranged acquaintance I have with the two of them, I didn't speak to him. He was a) too far away and b) knows darn well who Karoline and I are. There seems to be a kind of unspoken code between us, acknowledgement of the other in an extremely coy way.Besides this keeps the mystery going between all of us.

Anyways, we finally arrive at UBC. Karoline and I begin wading through the puddles at the bus loop, and as we walk away she looks back to see where he is and near falls sideways into the planter! I couldn't contain myself. And it felt really good to laugh - not at her, but just in general. This mishap fits very nicely into the history of encounters that we have with LSB and EB.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with your Nana.
It's cosmic.