Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Good things so far this year

This school year has brought a lot of changes in my life, and I'm not just talking about a new relationship. It's been challenging. Suddenly my life has become about something more than just school in the present. My attention is split in about 8 directions, which is frustrating at times. But then I think about some of the great memories and opportunities I've had so far this year - and it all seems worth it. For example, working off-campus has been a great experience for me. I've met some great new people and, in a way, I think it's brought me out of my shell. I'm not saying that I still don't have moments of shyness, but I'm getting better about being friendly most of the time. I think it's an important quality that I should have acquired a long time ago.

My new relationship has also been teaching me a lot. I think I've figured out the necessity of trust, and with that comes the ability to communicate. I know, I've written about this before, but I think that speaks to the weight I place on it. It's difficult to explain, but I think that I might finally be in a good place with someone else, to the point that I'm able to be comfortable in my own skin around him. It's a refreshing feeling.

What else has been going on? Well, I think I have also found my niche within law - feminist legal studies. In fact I've become so interested in it that I'm writing a term paper on it. I don't think I've every been so enthusiastic about writing a paper. I'm sure I'll be discussing it again soon.

No comments: