Saturday, September 05, 2009

Knowledge gained that will make this year better

A few things that I have learned in the last 3 years that I will (actually) use this year to make this school year a success.

~ I will no longer let dead end dating drag on. If I know it's not going anywhere it will end. Immediately. I will also no longer be casually dating anyone for more than 3 weeks. After that it either is or isn't a relationship.
~ I will be assertive. No more indecisiveness. I'm sure this will please all of my friends.
~ I will embrace my inner nerd. There's no shame in wanting to be smart and I'm not going to let anyone sway me away from that.
~ I am going to make time to relax and do non-school/non-work activities because I value my sanity.
~ I am going to be more positive. There are always so many good things in my life and there is no use in dwelling on the things that are bad. It's not going to fix them.
~ I am going to be true to who I am. No pretentious professors are to going to make me doubt myself or my abilities.

I feel good about plunging back into another school year. It's really the beginning of the end, which is so weird. I seriously cannot even believe that I've been in Canada for three years. Time goes by so quickly and now I am desperate to make the most of what is left.

No comments: