Friday, September 25, 2009

It's the night before the LSAT

I have experienced a whole range of emotions today. Nervousness this morning, being scared this afternoon, and now, attempting relaxation. I had a good talk with my dad this afternoon. He told me that nervousness comes when we loose sight of our goal. "Just focus on what it is that you are trying to achieve." He's right, and I know that. In the past I've written about this exact thing - getting sidetracked. I suppose that in the moment when you need to perform, it is easier to get caught up in your emotions.

I know tomorrow that when I crack open the test book, I'm not going to panic. I'm not going to get discouraged. I'm going to use every bit of knowledge I have to solve all the problems in the test. I'm going to read slowly and understand everything. Language is the biggest barrier to doing well on this exam. I think that knowing this should give me an advantage tomorrow, especially when I have it narrowed down to two answer choices, I will run a fine-tooth comb through the words. I will be confident. I will take this test down.

1 comment:

Law School Podcaster said...

Let us know how you think you did after you take the test.

www.lawschoolpodcaster.com