Saturday, August 15, 2009

A week of good things

This has been a week filled with good things, all of which I am grateful for. I have persevered with my studies, despite the distractions from my social life. I also realized how much easier it is to keep your focus when you have less commitments, so maybe there is something to this whole simplified life philosophy. I love my friends dearly and it is wonderful to spend time with them, but it amazes me how a social commitment, even late in the day, can preoccupy my mind for hours before hand. This is something that I think I am going work on changing in the coming weeks. My dad told me that a focused person is a great force to be reckoned with, and I think he's right.

Contrary to my attempts at simplifying my life, I finally managed to get another job. Although this will probably be synonymous with more stress and less me time, I think it's going to be great for my time management skills, not to mention my finances. I am most proud of this accomplishment because it is a job in retail. You might be thinking that this doesn't exactly sound glamorous, but it is something that I have wanted to get into for a while. It's been challenging though because I don't have any retail experience, no has wanted to hire me. But now that's changed and I am very happy. I'm looking forward to reflecting on this new job, and I'm sure it will generate lots of stories.

Finally, this week I have been felling more in touch with my true self. I haven't let anyone push me around and I have discovered that I, well, different that I thought I was over the past few months. I am proud to see myself motivated and focused as ever, especially with such vigor. It's what I have always hoped for. I think it is also a sign that I am on the right path to doing what will make me happiest.

No comments: