Friday, August 14, 2009

Setting out on a writing adventure

I am in the process of writing my personal statement for law school, which is proving to be challenging task. Not only do I have to write in a convincing manner to show that I am an apt candidate for law school, but I have to make sure that I don't do it in a condescending manner. I'm trying to decide what about myself I want to focus on as my selling points. At the moment I am thinking that I want to emphasize my leadership skills and my desire to be a leader in my community. I plan to draw on examples from work and from Girl Guides to support that fact that I am a leader. I think that having a law degree gives one the ability to have a great deal of power and influence, and I was to show that I am not someone who will let that go to waste. The other task that I have in writing this beast, is touching on the why aspect of law. Although I am beginning to think that that may not be as important.

I realize that it may be contradicting of me to be having such a difficult time with this, given that I write about myself on my blog all the time. I suppose the key difference is the audience. What do you do when you have write about yourself?

No comments: