Sunday, August 09, 2009

Reflections on a Sunday

Today has been one of those days that I have accomplished a lot and still feel that I could go for miles. I got up at 7 am and got ready fairly promptly this morning. I wanted to go downtown and study before my LSAT class started at 12. I got in 3 solid hours of work before I enjoyed myself through the 4 hour lecture. It was great! Every time I leave that class, I feel like my brain has grown in size. I feel astute and studious, which is great motivation for the coming weeks. I never imagined myself enjoying studying for a standardized test, but I also think more surprising revelations have occurred. I am back on top of my game.

After my class, I met up with Frank by the Art Gallery. He mentioned that he wanted to go shopping, which was good because I was also looking for a new pair of jeans (which I picked up). We strolled down Robson Street in lovely sunshine, which was a stark contrast to the morning's rain. We went to dinner at Naam on 4th Avenue. It's a great vegetarian restaurant, and I love the community feel of it. Vancouver is a great city, but it's also large and consuming. I like it when I find these small sanctuaries that make the city feel intimate. We talked about everything. Boys, school, friends, 2008 and all the changes we've experienced in the last three years. It was settling to reflect on it all, but it reminded me of all the great things that are yet to come. So much has happened in such a short time span, and I am so eager to know what is next. I have big plans for myself, but they are nothing permanent. Maybe something better will come along, maybe I will be different. All I know is that I have my eyes open.

No comments: