Sunday, August 16, 2009

Patience my dear

Live your life until love is found because love's gonna get you down


I am trying my hardest to be patient at the moment, something I've never been good at. I've found that keeping busy has allowed me not to think about what I consider a problem - my lack of romantic love. So here I am at the end of a long summer, throwing myself wholeheartedly into my studies, getting another job and filling out law school applications. All things that I feel should leave me fulfilled - and they do - but I am being greedy and want something more. My friend Aidan came over last night and as always we dished about boys. She told me that good things will happen when I least expect it and when I find the right person, I won't be so unassertive about it. The more I thought about that, the more I realized that she is right. I have dated plenty of unnecessary people just because I feel like I need to fill the void. But no more. I am going to take Rob's advice and Aidan's. I am going stand up for myself. I am going to make something of myself. And perhaps I will find someone to share it with when the time is right. Although that moment is not here yet, I have faith that it will be.

1 comment:

Skyler said...

I feel ya... it doesn't help either with friends and all getting married and ridiculous stuff in early 20's next to ya. I'm convinced (as you are) that if you stay open instead of simply filling that void (as you said), you'll be exposed to more genuine, appropriate opportunities.

sidentoes:
1) may just be optimistic thinking
2) i hope this doesn't sound sketch, as I'm new to this site/ your blog.