Tuesday, July 07, 2009

The cost of a vacation

I'm starring at my calendar wondering how it is almost the middle of July and wondering where the summer has gone. In fact, the concept of summer vacation seems to be a novelty that I am no longer privy to. Despite my lack of relaxation, I have the tendency to not be able to relax when given the chance. Exhibit A: this past weekend. I decided to take a last minute trip home, which should have been relaxing. The long 4th of July weekend always includes a large party at my parents' home and is a highlighted event on my calendar. This year, however, was different. I am in the thick of classes and knew that loosing out on a couple of days of work could be dangerous. Although a few late nights could be worth it. Last night at 11:30 pm, I found myself back at my antique French desk writing out a thorough to do list and nearly passing out at the sight of it. Furthermore, I don't think I've ever been this pressed for deadlines during the normal school year. I have lots of work, some that I will enjoy. Others which will be a fight to the finish. As I walked to class tonight, I was mentally groveling to myself but then realized that if I did not have all of this work, I would be complaining about being bored.

No comments: