Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Updates from the Weekend

I have to admit my first few days as a real adult haven't been so bad. My birthday weekend was wonderful! My family came to town to visit me, and as much as I fret about their visits, they are always good. In fact, I'm coming to realize that I may be worrying about nothing (as usual). After we said our goodbyes on Saturday evening, I came home to find that my best friend had decked out our apartment with candles, flowers, champagne and a few of our closest friends. It was truly amazing. I could not ask for better people in my life.

We eventually made it down town that night to Bar None, which surpassed the good things that I have heard about it. What was even more amazing about the entire evening was how sober I was. Not only did I dance, but I have an incredible amount of fun. I really makes me wonder why I bother drinking in the first place. Beyond this though, my evening got even better when my crush kissed me in a not so platonic way. Granted I'm not the kind of girl who kisses people in clubs, this will be an exception on the record. We went over the bar and talked long enough to be honest about the fact that we both like each other. Communication, how refreshing! Even more surprising than that is that he has called me, twice since then. I was telling a friend of mine that I couldn't even remember the last time a boy I was dating actually called me. It seems to be a dying way of communication that is severely underrated. As much as people have a phobia of speaking to someone on the phone, they always feel relieved once the set the ringer down. I mean in all seriousness, there is nothing thrilling about getting a text message. It lacks personable-ness, tonality and most of all emotion. Not that anything can truly suffice for the kind of connection and high you get from being in physical proximity to someone, but the phone is probably the next best bet. My advice for the people of my generation, think twice before send the boy/girl you like a text. Get over yourself and pick up the phone. It's not as scary as you think.

No comments: