Friday, June 12, 2009

On the eve of a birthday

Another year, well almost. 21 is the official induction into adulthood and I am excited to have finally reached it. I know that I have grown up a lot in the last few years and I am interested to see where I take myself next. I have lots of ambitions for myself, not only in the long term but also for the coming months. I think on a more personal level, I want to continue to work on my sociability and my self control. I also plan on training for a half marathon. But above all, I want to enjoy my life and the new experiences that I will have.

2 comments:

Anastasia said...

hey, emm, i love your blog!
seriously this has become a favorite of mine.
training for the half-marathon? that sounds fun and it will totally help keep in shape.
maybe i should try. good idea, miss (:
you're turning 21? ahh lucky, lucky.
i know that i'm a little freaked about my 18th birthday even though it's a year and a few months away.
growing up is scary, you know?
well, i wish you luck in your trials!
muah! love the blog x]

anastasia<3:)

PS: thanks for following my blog!

Vanessa said...

Hi Anastasia!

Thank you so much for your kind words. It's so encouraging to hear that someone reads my blog, let alone likes it.

I've never been one to get upset about turning a year older, but last year when my little brother turned 18, that was a bit weird for me. It somehow clicked in my mind that I must be getting old(er).

The best part about growing up is all of the things that you learn along the way. It has taken me a while to reach the point where I've realized that learning is as is important, if not more so, than just doing.

Happy blogging!

Vanessa