Monday, May 25, 2009

Things that I am thankful for

I realize that it is not Thanksgiving, but I feel the need to pause and appreciate all that is good in my life at the moment.
: The caring, loving people who are a part of my life. They support me no matter what and believe that I can do anything. They are the people who have helped me get to where I am in my life. My list is extensive and far to long to list here.
: Volunteerism. I never realize how appreciated I am in my Brownie unit until today, and I often neglect the fact that I am a role model for the girls. Not that I behave inappropriately around them or anything, but I have the chance to support them on their journeys and that is a really great feeling.
: Being in good physical and mental health
: In general, being the person that I am. I am proud of who I've become and I often spend too much time being critical of my shortcomings. But the truth is, is that I have achieved a lot and I have the potential to do so much more. In fact, I'm really excited to see what I do next in my life.
: Living here in Canada. Moving away from California was the best decision that I've made so far, and I can't even begin to describe how much Vancouver has shaped me as a person in the last 3 years.
Most of all, what I am thankful for is the entirety of my existence. All of the things that comprise it, and make me, me. They are things that I cannot even begin to put words to, but I know exist.

No comments: