Monday, May 11, 2009

Summer Days

Summer is finally here, but as I approached my front door to go for my usual morning run the torrential rain was hard to miss. I headed back to my room in my running gear that seemed to be mocking me and immediately got back into my PJs. As bummed out as I am that it is raining in May, I do enjoy watching the rain from our front door. There are plenty of other great things about the summer, things that I look forward to doing.
- Having more time to read for pleasure
- Hosting dinner parties that last late into the night
- Spending more time with my loved ones
- Being able to stroll down to the beach
- Eating dinners outdoors
- Roadtrips. Hopefully this year's will be to Mission Hills Winery!
- Laboring towards my goal of law school
- Expanding my photography portfolio
- Improving an existing skill. I'm currently thinking about taking up sewing, again.
- Spending lazy Sundays outdoors
- Having time to organize my life
- Reflecting
- Enjoying a cold beverage without freezing
- Gelato
- Golf
- Running
I feel that the person I am thrives most during the summer, but this year I'm looking forward to thriving all year long. Not only am I going to appreciate the weather that I'm blessed with, I'm going to make the most of it.

No comments: