Sunday, May 31, 2009

Reflection on the first month of summer

The first month of summer has come to a close, and I must say it has not been half bad. I feel that I have accomplished a lot. I have learned quite a bit at school and have gained some new insights about myself. I am much stronger than I think, and not just physically. I think that my emotion self has hardened up a bit, and I am not as vulnerable as I have been. As Gina told me yesterday after we discussed my boy troubles, "just brush it off your shoulder." I know where my feet are planted in the realm of morals and values to the extent that I feel that I have a better sense of who I am. Moreover, I have no problem standing up for the person that I am. Although they have steered me away from lust, I know that I will be better off in the long run. Maybe that is what is supposed to come of dating, or life experiences in general. Getting to know yourself, and, eventually finding someone who knows that side of you.

No comments: