Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Distractions

This morning I spent some time making another round of changes to the Engineering Co-op year end report. I really like graphic design, though I'm not entirely sure that it's the field of work for me. Granted this is my first major project, I'm inclined to believe that I should not judge the work by one account. One thing that is preventing me from further work in graphic design is repercussion of my recent computer crash, as I lost my CS programs. And I can't justify spending nearly$700 on CS4 when I'm not sure how much use I'll be getting out of it. Something that I have enjoyed though was my experience teaching last night. I had to run a seminar and discussion for my critical theory class. While I've always been a bit deterred from the prospects of teaching by my tainted view of the California Teachers Union, I must admit I felt right at home at the front of the classroom. And so I'm being distracted from my more worthy goal of law school for the time being. I think the important thing about distractions, in general, is that you are able to derive something out of them. Whether that be finding out something new about yourself or being able to reinforce what you already believe to be true. I'm not sure what I'm going to be learning, but I look forward to finding out.

No comments: