Sunday, February 08, 2009

Yaletown adventure

Yaletown may be my new favorite place in Vancouver. Karoline and I ventured down there last night. We've been talking about going to Goldfish, a lounge, since September and now I'm regretting not having gone there sooner. It was wonderful! Goldfish was exactly the sort of place that I envision my fabulous self hanging out in. It was posh and modern and fantastic food. We had duck spring rolls and chicken and prawn gyoza. The martinis were quite good too. The crowd was a bit older than us, and to be honest I really didn't mind it. In fact I find that I'm always repulsed from the Granville clubbing scene because of the seediness of boys my age. And despite this repulsion, I found myself wondering down to Granville street after Goldfish; the two martinis went straight to my head. Besides it was only 10 when we finished dinner, too early to call it a night. Crush was the place that Karoline and I finally settled on. It was nice, and the music was great. I'm not sure I'd go back, but that's mostly because I'm trying to expand my club repotire. We had a fantastic time dancing with some fairly random people and just being young; a trend that I'm a bit late on picking up.

No comments: