Thursday, February 05, 2009

nothing exciting yet

It's Thursday and unfortunately the weather turned sour this afternoon. Sort of reflects the end of this week for me. I kind of figured that Law School Boy would have called today to make plans with me for the weekend, but it's 10:15 pm and I think that idea is now by the wayside. I guess there's always tomorrow as well. I know that he'll (hopefully) call when I least expect it. I was talking to my Nana about it today and she reassured me, as she always does, with her tales about fate always working things out to our advantage. I pondered this for a few minutes and thought of her stories about Nana Elliot, my great-great grandmother, who was told by a fortune teller that she would meet a dark man with a large piece of furniture. Soon after this Chobby, her future husband, returned for being station in Egypt in WWII with a clothing trunk. I know that she's right. Patience and time will work things out. But there's a part of me that wants to believe that the more proactive approach, seizing the moment, is the way to go. I am trying really hard to convince myself otherwise at the moment.
In an effort to get my mind else where, I've been mentally preparing myself for a marathon in the dark room tomorrow. I've got to do some film processing and attempt to make my first full prints. Very exciting. Saturday I'm going to try and get my other roll of film finished off so that this project can be done on Sunday. I also need to refocus myself on art history. I've been so dazed this week that I seem to have forgotten that I have midterm next Wednesday. That's okay though, I know I'll work hard this weekend to make up for it. Especially since I'm so close to getting an A in that course.

No comments: