Thursday, January 08, 2009

one last reflection (from last year)

Last night I was sitting in bed after reading The House at Mirth by Wharton reflecting on my relationships of years past, well really just last year. I came to realize that I experienced the spectrum of dating extremes. I went from a committed relationship with no sex to the most casual relationship with the most uninspiring sex ever. Although I've decided to spend a while by myself, I think it is also important know what I want out of my next relationship. And that is that I want a happy medium, more specifically that I want to sleep with someone that I care about and want a more intimate connection with. That being said, I have no intention of starting something new anytime soon. In fact, I've really enjoyed the last month and a bit being single. I've re-focused myself and everything that I'm working towards has become much more clear, and, within my reach.
My dad recently told me that, "good things rarely happen by accident." If this is true, then it's in my power to not only ensure that I get into law school, but also get what I want out of a relationship.

No comments: