Friday, January 09, 2009

a new chapter begins

It's hard to believe that it is the end of the first week already. It's been fabulous so far, and I'm looking forward to the rest of 2009 being just as amazing. Today I saw an interesting turn of events with my friends. It seems as though JM and Karoline have taken center stage of the dating scene in our circle. Talking with them today at our weekly coffee date, all I could think about was how happy I am for them. I think it's wonderful that they are breaking out of their shells and venturing into the dating world.
As I was sitting there listening to Karoline bubbling over with delight as she retold the story of how the guy asked her out, I could help but think about just how happy I am, right now. As much as I would love to run into the law school boy again, being single has been the best time of my life so far. I've been able to refocus myself on the future, but more importantly have gotten to know myself better. I've always believed that fate will take it's course and lead me to happiness in the end, but now I'm starting to wonder why it has taken me so long to figure out that it is possible to be just as happy along the way. Perhaps it's because we are often jaded by the emotional ups and downs we experience as side effects from relationships, that we aren't able to grasp all the constant goods in our lives; and that is precisely what I am trying to regain sight of.

No comments: