Sunday, December 21, 2008

Vogue & Anne Hathaway = Good Advice??

I picked up the January issue of Vogue today for the Anne Hathaway interview. It was much more insightful than I had imagined it would be. She said something really interesting about her recently break-up. "It's a complicated situation that had the ability to define me in ways I'm not comfortable with." What resonated with me was the way in which it speaks to my situation with Rob. The situation was literally taking over my life and consumed me to the point that it was me. And while I'm still not sure how I feel about it, I do know that in the moment it made me angry. But at the end of the day, it is Rob's problem, which does not make it mine.
It's interesting just how impressionable we are. I hope that it's something that I can work on and change about myself. In fact, my loyalty and caring nature are my more defining qualities. While I'm not suggesting that I'm going to give up caring all together, I think I just need to be able to know when to pull back from the situation.

No comments: