Thursday, December 18, 2008

parents

I had really interesting conversation with my mom today. We were in the car driving into town and we were talking about family and our relationships with them, more specifically grandparents. She was saying that we probably are closer with her parents because because they had better childhoods and were very close with their families. So we were talking about John Walsh, from the TV show "America's Most Wanted," who my mom recently saw in an interview and he was talking about why he wanted to be a dad, and he said that it was because he had a world-class dad. So I turned to my mom and asked her if she had world-class parents, which was a mistake because she started tearing up and said, "my parents are great."
It got me thinking about my parents. As much as we have our differences from time to time, they are truly wonderful and I could not have asked for a better childhood. I've done so much and been so many places, but more than that, I've been (and am) loved.

No comments: