Wednesday, December 17, 2008

life in the country

I went riding today. It was the first time in about a year that I've been and it was just as good as I remembered it. I love loping my horse, it's the most freeing feeling that I've ever experienced. It's something that I only wish I could begin to describe. The closest I can come is running in the rain. It's so invigorating and brings me back to life. It makes me sad that I can't always be with my horses but I know that the little girl who is riding them now, is enjoying them as much as I do which makes me really happy. It's a nice feeling knowing that Clyde and Aces can bring that kind of happiness to others. I guess it also makes me feel less selfish.
I got one of my marks today. It was good, but I still felt a bit disappointed in myself. I think, in fact I know, that I could have pushed myself harder this past term. I don't want to be thinking this at the end of next semester too, which is why I am going to worker harder than I ever have before to make sure that I don't have regrets about my academic life. The best thing that I can do for myself is to do the best work I can to keep as many doors open as possible. It's also a much more satisfying feeling to know that I have not settled and never will.

No comments: