Thursday, November 06, 2008

Theatre invading life. Or is it the other way around?

Shockingly enough my art history paper is coming together in it's outline form much better than I had imagined. I know that I have a lot of work ahead of me this weekend, but I feel a little bit less stressed about it knowing that thus far it's going well. I also have to get a move on my Shakespeare paper. We started discussing "Cymbeline" today. It's actually capturing my imagination much more than the others this term. I love the complexity of the relationships between his characters in the late plays. I think that in plays like "Romeo and Juliet" and "Much Ado About Nothing" I found myself very annoyed with the superficial, synthetic nature of the characters' relationships; they didn't seem real enough to me and were oddly theatrical.
Along the lines of the theatrical, I've some how turned into a coward and a drama queen with Phil. I think it's my passive aggressive nature that has led me to that combination. Anyways it's made me realize that, more than ever, I need to solidify things with the boy. I realize that I'm a bit afraid of getting hurt which is why I've stayed in this limbo state for so long, but I think it's time for moi to toughen up and get my act together. I think that having some resolve to the situation will give me some piece of mind, or at least enough so that I'm not fretting over it.

No comments: