Friday, November 14, 2008

And then it was over before it had even started

It's weird how people surprise you with the news you definitely weren't expecting. I had asked Phil if he wanted to hang out today, anticipating that we would finally have the talk about moving into a relationship. So we walked over to my place and we had just got inside, the door wasn't even closed yet and in the most confident and forward way he says, "so we really need to talk." and of course I was just like yes well why don't you come inside whatever. And he says, "i don't really know how to say this, but i like you but i don't really want a relationship." Okay that was totally not what I was expecting, and he continued. "we think along the same lines and we really hit it off when we first met but i'm just not sure about it now." Owch! So he left and so did my a bit of my dignity. But I guess what I've taken away from it is to be careful who I lend my heart out to. I realize that from my side, it was probably a rebound and I feel a bit liberated now. So here's to be single for a while. I think that I need to be by myself for a while.

No comments: