Saturday, July 21, 2007

the summer so far

So my intentions of being an avid blogger have always been good. But my attempts, not so much. It's mid-summer. So far it's been an interesting one. I've enjoyed the productivity and leisure of the summer courses I've been taking. And I've also had a lot of time to catch up on activities that I don't have the time fore during the school year. Various art projects, horseback riding, more volunteer work. I've even attempted to get a job, though that failed miserably. But the important part is that I tried. My volunteer work has by far been the most rewarding thing I've done with my time. I help out at Project R.I.D.E. a riding stable that offers therapeutic riding lessons to disabled children. What I love most about it, is that I get to be a part of these kids' lives, in an activity where they get to feel like they are great at something. They're all such wonderful kids and it's such a shame that they live in a world where they contribute so much, yet receive so little in return. It's made me rethink a lot of things in my own life. Like how many opportunities I've had that I've taken for granted. It's made me a lot more grateful for what I have right now. In this moment. It's made me want to work hard, to be better, and to do more. Because I am able.

www.projectride.org

No comments: