Tuesday, September 26, 2006

the psychotic art project

So I began working on my art today, which is due on Friday. Anyways we got a very strange assignment for this week. In our last class we did an exercise of making marks on the paper, to music. So we listen to a wide range of music and used lots of different media and we were then told to create an abstract landscape using collaged pieces of paper from the marks to music exercise. My initial thoughts were somewhere along the lines of, "How the hell do you make an abstract landscape out of random pencil marks" and "At least this doesn't involve any artistic skill." Firstly, I was quite proud of myself for not procrastinating this week's piece until Thursday night. Secondly, this afternoon, my head was a jumbled mess of thoughts about how bad this piece looks. And finally, when I took a step back and began to logically think things through, I was actually able to create a sense of space and depth with in the piece. To be honest I'm not really sure how I managed to pull this off, but I did, and I'm quite proud of myself.

No comments: