Tuesday, September 19, 2006

A Not So Typical Monday

Often times during my day, I find myself pondering ideas that are totally incomprehensible. Although it seems too often my train of thought gets interrupted by the most random things going on around me. On this occasion though, it was a totally different thought that moved me to a river of randomness. I was sitting at Starbucks this afternoon studying math, fretting over a quiz I had to take later in the day, and most of all enjoying my chai latte. Despite my usual manner of conduct in studying, which includes lingering of subject and on to things that don't really matter, I managed to actually get something done (at least for the first hour and a half). However, when I got up to leave for math class, I was trying to recall some the details from my trip to Europe this past summer and I was shocked to find how little actually I remember visually without a picture in front of me. But more startling than that, I couldn't for the life of me remember the name of the British bloke that I met. I suppose it's all through association, but I couldn't believe my thoughts about Vatican artwork managed to lead to the bad recollections of my one night stand. I suppose it's like forgetting that name the brand of shoes that I'm wearing on any given day, it's just something that doesn't happen to me. And in fact it mad me feel quite senile. Then again, maybe it was sort of a pre-censored thought due to the nature of the content.

No comments: